The Leaderboards are dead! Long Live The Leaderboards!
As of this update Steam is no longer responsible for the Waves² Leaderboards as the game is now using Gamesparks to manage all of it’s online functionality.
This means no more score limit of 2,147,483,647 as the scores are now stored as 64bit integers. If you get a score that maxes out one of those then you must be cheating.
Every combination of Game Mode and Arena Type now has it’s own Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Season based leaderboards and you are awarded points every day, week and month which increase your Rank for that mode.
Seasons are an arbitrary length often determined by major balance updates. The current season is “Early Access”.
● Integrated Gamesparks.
● Added Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Season and Ranked Leaderboards for every GameMode/Arena Combination in Arcade.
● Rank is awarded at midnight UTC each day for daily, each Monday for weekly and on the 1st of each month for Monthly leaderboards.
● Redesigned Leaderboards screen.
● Redesigned Arcade Mode Select Screen.
● Redesigned Game Over Screen.
● Added Gamesparks connection indicator to Status Bar.
● Swarms and Bees (aka “Shard” Type Enemies) can now fly over holes in the Arenas.
● Barrier can now be equipped in the loadout screen once it has been installed to Programs.
– Bug Fixes
● Startup Movie now plays while game is loading.