35 Comments

1. DjParagon
    October 12, 2011 @ 9:33 pm

Yay ! Thanks a lot 🙂

It was quite intense at the end indeed. For the details, highest combo is x107, score multi x12, and enemies level 15.

I’m sure there will be higher scores soon, I already did an eight ;p

• Rob
      October 12, 2011 @ 10:05 pm

You missed out on an additional +1 to your multiplier by about a tenth of a second which would have made a big difference to the final score I think.

2. DjParagon
    October 13, 2011 @ 7:11 pm

New high score ! The game itself suggested to send the pic, so here you go :

🙂

3. Terics
    October 13, 2011 @ 9:10 pm

I got this score on one of my early tries with a controller. I have yet to come close to it.

4. Duskie
    October 17, 2011 @ 10:15 am

I found an easy way to get 8/11 million scores all the time, first level up as quickly as possible till you get to the green growing thing. just circle around for it or them to grow really big. in the time just shoot everything that’s following you. at around 30/35 seconds left it should be big enough and destroy it. bomb the rest of the field and enjoy a 250x multiplier. do the same thing again till about 5 seconds left and repeat. my lowest score now is around 8 million and my highest score about 10,7 million.

October 17, 2011 @ 10:01 pm

new highscore on my part of 15,3 million and lowest of 10,4 million. I am absolutely loving this game 😀

• Rob
      October 17, 2011 @ 10:08 pm

I’m not entirely sure if it’s possible but the first person to break 20mill in the Demo with video evidence is going to be getting a free copy of the game when it releases.

October 18, 2011 @ 9:12 am

I can’t capture video’s 😐

October 18, 2011 @ 10:52 am

NEW HIGHSCORE! 18,7 million. trying to fix my keyboard to get printscreen working or just taking a picture. I’ve had a higher chance before with 2 million score higher when the big numbers start. With some luck with the growth of those green things it’s possible to hit 20mill if you ask me.

October 18, 2011 @ 10:59 am

http://imageshack.us/f/833/bild0818.jpg/ here it is, sorry for having to make it with a foto-camera.

October 18, 2011 @ 10:19 pm

Take a good hard look at that 19,563,149 Rob, I am working my way to a free copy 😀 if I could ever capture the damn moment I hit 20 million 😐

Anyway…

5. DjParagon
    October 18, 2011 @ 11:36 pm

Challenge accepted !

Check this out :

I am uploading the video right now, it could take a while though, I got a pretty low connection…

🙂

• Rob
      October 18, 2011 @ 11:43 pm

Oh dear Duskie is going to be so upset that you beat him to the punch especially when he’s gotten so close!

6. DjParagon
    October 19, 2011 @ 1:22 am

I’m so sorry Duskie !
    Ok here we go with the new high score : 20,202,218

Sorry for the delay, also 720p download link should be available in about an hour in the video infos.

• Rob
      October 19, 2011 @ 1:33 am

Awesome! Also it’s just revealed to me that there is a display bug in the scores. The score you get is correct so no worries there but the running total doesn’t take into account your static multiplier while a combo is in effect. This is why your score goes from about 10mill to 19mill when your last big combo ends.

• DjParagon
      October 19, 2011 @ 1:46 am

Oh, cool ! Also as you can see at the end, there is this weird bug with the name, a bar is added to the name, and if I push the A button, it adds another bar. I have to push down once to reach OK to validate but it will keep the bars in my name. I can use the keyboard and delete it, then validate with the mouse. But as I was recording, didn’t want to waste time ^^

I’ve sent you an e-mail about it a while ago, I don’t know if you have read it yet.

October 19, 2011 @ 8:06 am

Grats! I see you used my technique. Glad atleast one of us was able to get it to 20 😀

7. Duskie
    October 19, 2011 @ 11:53 am

Thinking progress behind this score…

*ah gewd… 6 multiplier let the fun begin!*
    *EXPLOOOSIOOON*
    arround 12 million score
    *w000t and another minute to go!*
    *EXPLOOSIOOON*
    10 seconds left
    *ama do thiz right here right now! big ball o blue’s! here’s a bomb!*
    dies in the last 5 seconds in lack of a bomb.
    *ok that was pretteh gewd… score check…
    *ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)*

October 19, 2011 @ 11:54 am

GG Waves, you win…

8. DjParagon
    October 19, 2011 @ 4:40 pm

Oh well, I kinda use that strategy since the begining, but yeah, I waited a bit longer this time. 🙂

It’s definitely possible to do more points if you are very lucky with the patterns and timing, I got two times about 18 million and died a few seconds before the end, I think I could have done 21, maybe more, because I had the perfect enemy positions and x12 multiplyer.

It’s hard to get all the x1 multipliers, specially when they’re hiding in the middle of a green growing thing… I think I missed two in the last video.

9. Duskie
    October 19, 2011 @ 9:47 pm

OH. NO. HE. DIDN’T. 28.582.223!

how? first ball gave me around 15 mill
    2nd small ish ball gave me another 3 mill
    last ball got me that score… with a 10x multiplier

This score is TOTALLY luck-based with a little skill involved of staying alive.
    I’m trying to get a good picture but u can’t make the 8 out as an 8 but more like a 0 xD damn u printscreen button work!

October 19, 2011 @ 10:06 pm

here it is,lol I still don’t believe my eyes…

• DjParagon
      October 20, 2011 @ 12:02 am

Wow, that’s insane ! Well done dude !

But what’s with the rotated phone shots ? Can’t you use printscreen/paste in paint, or Fraps, Xfire, HypersnapDX, etc… ?

October 20, 2011 @ 7:38 am

sadly my some of my keys on the keyboard don’t work for some stupid reason such as the F1 keys. I’ve been trying to fix it but I don’t know how 🙁

October 20, 2011 @ 8:19 am

tried hypercam, only getting black pictures for some stupid reason >.> i dunno what’s wrong with me or my computer but it ain’t good 😀

• DjParagon
      October 20, 2011 @ 2:31 pm

Oh my, your computer works against you. Maybe it’s time to update your drivers and change your keyboard ? I have an azerty from 96 that’s still perfectly working, you want me to send it to you ? ;p

Anyways, good job on the Crunch Time mode Rob, it’s really addictive ! I wonder what will be the other modes… Is Bombing Run still in works ?

October 20, 2011 @ 4:21 pm

Rob good job on Waves, you made me spend SO MUCH time on the demo already, and time is very valueable to me these days. I bet the rest of the game will be just as sweet as Crunch Time is. I’ll never be able to get a new highscore with the score I have now (28,6 million) so I’m not sure if I still wanna play Crunch Time as much as I did untill there’s gonna be real ranking.

Rob, thanks for all… your awesome 🙂

10. Ikimono
    October 19, 2011 @ 10:36 pm

I just got a high score of 20,426,783 in the demo!

October 20, 2011 @ 4:23 pm