Taking a bit longer than normal to get the Devblog up for November as I was messing around with a new format for the video but it was taking so long I ditched it for the old format.
First up are 3 new Primary Weapons; the last of the Primary weapons to be implemented from my current ToDo list.
- Sniper Rifle – High damage beam weapon. It will pass through anything it can kill instantly until it hits something it can’t like a wall or a Boomer. This weapon prompted the ability to zoom out with the camera that you can see in the video.
- Grenade Launcher – Fires an explosive projectile on an arc that detonates on proximity with an enemy. It can bounce off walls and around corners.
- Burst Cannon – Designed to be fired in bursts. Spews bullets in a cone but uses energy to do so. If you run out of energy the rate of fire is significantly reduced.
November saw the implementation of the majority of the new Support Items in Waves: Arena Tactics.
Support Items are equivilent to the Slomo feature in Waves and are bound to the same buttons. You can equip one such item before you start playing from the number you have unlocked.
- Slow Field – The slomo feature redesigned for multiplayer. It now only affects an area around the player using it rather than globally.
- Healing Aura – Converts energy into health for everybody inside the bubble.
- Energy Shield – Instead of damage coming out of your health it comes out of your energy reserve. Affects nearby team mates with damage they take coming out of your energy.
- Shockwave – Knocks nearby enemies away from you.
- Cloak – Limited invisibility. Firing your weapon deactivates it early and it has a cooldown after it deactivates before it can be used again.
- E.M.P – Huge blast that stuns enemies and empties the energy reserves of everybody inside it (including yourself).
- Teleport – Tap to drop a beacon, hold to be teleported to the beacon. Uses all of your available energy in the process.
I also added two new Superweapons.
- Gas Grenade – Like the Grenade Launcher but instead of an explosion it releases a cloud of gas that eats away at enemies within it as well as obscuring their vision and slowing them down.
- Proximity Mines – Visible only to the player that dropped them these mines take a moment to arm but once armed they explode when an enemy gets close.
December will be pretty light on updates due to the Holidays and the fact that I’ll be mostly working on a Kickstarter for the game so I can actually afford to pay an artist and sound engineer in the new year.
For now if you want to support the game then feel free to buy a few copies of the original to gift to your friends and family on Steam!